Saturday, March 1, 2014

Standing on a Tight Rope

Like black and white or night and day but if you really think about it night and day are the same as black and white. Black as the night sky and white as the blazing sun and scattered clouds.

So really differences are also the same. They are comparable. What would night look like if it wasn't black and it was red. A dark maroon. What would it be like? If clouds weren't white and were purple? A soft pastel color that looked like the lavander trees I have in my backyard. 

I guess different is what makes the world the way it is but sometimes being different is hard. Like me for example. I live in Utah county. Home of the Mormon  church. But I don't believe in a single word of it. I am not a satanist or tempter of all things bad in this world. I'm just a simple girl that just doesn't believe what you do. 

The amount of torture people been through for what they don't believe in, shouldn't exist. Just because someone is different doesn't make their points, opinions, experiences, values, standards, and anything else wrong or invalid. It just makes them different

Social media was a really tough place to go when I first came out as non Mormon. People called me a devil worshiper, a druggie, a whore, a liar, a bitch, a confused teenager. I hate that one the most.

A confused teenager? I understand that your older and maybe wiser but honestly that doesn't make my beliefs wrong. What you believe in, that is all you. Not someone else's. And if they try to make you believe what they believe then they don't understand.  

Don't judge. You ever know what life has handed to them to make them just the way they are. They are perfect, don't try to change them. 

But sometimes being different sucks.

                                                                                   sincerely, little fox


1 comment:

  1. The title really tied in the piece.
    From another confused teenager

    ReplyDelete