Thursday, May 15, 2014

Upgrades

I want happiness,
Oreos and milk, 
to smile, 
go trail running, 
explore my mind, 
I want to share it with someone.
I want to find that person to laugh at nothing with.
Fly through time but the wind is blowing the opposite way. 
Watch 80s movies and quote them together while sharing homemade popcorn 
I want someone to bake for
I do it all the time with no one to share them with
I want to watch them smile at me
For no particular reason
I want someone to drive with me to beaver
Just because the Dairy Queen there is the best Ive ever had
Find that person lay in the back of a truck with and stare at the lights in the sky
I promise they wont fall
I cant promise that I wont fall for you though
Dancing with melodies 
Light little notes flowing through meadows and hallways
Helping us avoid everything
I want someone to tell me that I look beautiful without make up on
Because the only person that ever said that was my mom
    And we all know moms cant be trusted with those things
So lets run away
but just down the street
Close enough that my parents wont worry
but far enough to know its just me, and you.
I want some Oreos and milk..
Would you like to share them with me?
Anyone really
I promise that I wont bite 
But I cant promise that I wont fall for you though







But I can promise that so long as we are together
You will never be lonely
I will always be there for them
I will make them cookies or brownies or eclairs on rainy days to warm things up
I will hold their hand when others swat you away
I will make sure they always feel and are special
I will do all these things and more

But to be honest 
this will be just like a tweet
or a post
or a status
I will tell you all these things and you will comment
But then nothing happens

Whatever though
Now you know what I have for that someone




1 comment:

  1. I like how this flows. And I like the oreo-ness.

    ReplyDelete