Sunday, July 20, 2014

Stolen heaven

I was in the winter of my life 
And the men I met along the road 
We're my only summer
And I fell asleep to visions of myself 
Dancing, laughing, and crying with them
3 years down the line, across a tour
And the memories of them are the only things that sustained me
And my only real happy times
I was a sinner, and not a very popular one
I once has dreams of becoming a beautiful poet
But upon a series of unfortunate events 
All those dreams dashed and divided like a the thousands of stars in the sky
But I watched them over and over again 
Sparkling and broken
But I didn't really mind
Because I knew that it takes losing everything you ever wanted to know what true freedom is
When the people I used to know had found out what I had been living
They'd ask me why, but there is no use in talking to people who have a home
They have no idea what it's like to seek safety in other people
For home to be where ever you lie your head
I was always n unusual girl
My mother told me I had a camelian soul
No moral compass pointing due north
No fixed personality
Just an inner indecisiveness that was as wide and wavering as the ocean
And if I didn't plan for it to turn out this way I'd be lying
I belonged to no one
Who had nothing 
And wanted everything 
A fire for every experience and an obsession for freedom
That terrified me to the point that I couldn't even talk about it
Pushes me to a nomadic point of madness that both dazzled and dizzied me 


No comments:

Post a Comment