Wednesday, April 30, 2014

did you hear the news

Your words
They are infectious
Your eyes
Leave me breathless
Your touch
Lingers on my skin
Your lips
Soft as tulips



I just want you
I want all of you
All the imperfections
Like when you rant about your dad
Or when we kiss and your facial hair scratches my skin
The day we talked about your insecurities
Listened to the night chirp and chime

it was perfect imperfection



you drive to fast
you call me love
you tell me my soul is as white as my hair
you walk like an acoustic guitar

Stroking the floor with your feet to the beat of my heart
but it races when i look at you.
Like a heart attack
My heart just stops when you look at me
I dont want to imagine what it will be like when you leave



I cant think like that
Life is sad enough.
But I could listen to your heartbeat forever.
Pounding against my ear as we lay in that unmade bed
but i cant think like that

Because we dont have forever.
But we do have today.





1 comment:

  1. Hi, this was UNREAL. The line about the guitar, and heartbeat, and all of it was so quotable. YES!

    ReplyDelete